What is Live Video Text Overlay?
Live Video Text Overlay allows users to create custom text overlays as an Action in order to alert the Nx Witness System operators to critical events.
To use Live Video Text Overlay:
- Right-click on a camera in the Resource Tree and choose Camera Rules.
- Create a new rule, select an event, source camera(s), etc.
- In the Action column, select Show text overlay.
- Choose the targeted camera(s) on which to display the text overlay.
- Click Apply or OK.
Customize and Advanced settings
- Also show on source camera – If you want to see the text also displayed on the source camera, enable this option. For example, we set up a rule which if motion on Camera-1 is detected then displays text on Camera-2. If this option is checked, when Nx detects the motion on Camera-1, you will see the text on Camera-1 and Camera-2. Otherwise, the text will be displayed on Camera-2 only.
- Display text for ... seconds – If checked, the text will be visible for the specified amount of time.
- Use custom text – Users can type their own message to display, using basic HTML tags to customize the look and feel of the text.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.