What is the Show on Alarm Layout action?
Nx Witness's Alarm Layout is a System-generated Layout which displays cameras based on specific events and rules set up in the Nx Witness Event Rules Engine.
How to set up a Show on Alarm Layout action:
- Right click on the camera (in the Resource Panel or Viewing Grid) and select Camera Rules to open the Event Rules Dialog.
- Under the Event section (on the left side of the rule dialog) choose your target System Event (e.g. Motion, Soft Trigger, etc).
- In the Action section of the rule (on the right side of the rule dialog) in the Do field select Show on Alarm Layout.
- In the Interval of Action field configure how often the Rule should run when triggered.
- In the for section choose the roles / users the notification should appear for.
- To make sure the Alarm Layout opens for targeted operators check the Force Alarm Layout opening checkbox.
- Optional: Check the Also show source camera checkbox
- Press Apply and Ok to save the rule.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.