Nx Witness doesn't have a direct API method to start or stop recording on certain cameras. But there is one called "saveCameraUserAttributes" that can change the additional attributes of a specific camera. We can use this API to enable or disable the recording schedule; in other words, start/stop recording. Visit the Server API page for more information.
How To enable/disable recording via Server API
- Get the camera's full parameter list JSON through /ec2/getCamerasEx
- Extract the parameter id (not physicalId). Since Nx Witness v3.0, it's possible to get the Camera ID directly from Nx Witness. You can find it by going to Camera Settings > Advanced tab.
- Use the id as the index, construct the JSON with required parameters of /ec2/saveCameraAttributes, you can refer to the API documentation.
- Change the parameter - scheduledEnabled to enable/disable the recording of the camera. True is enabled. False is disabled.
- Send POST request to Media Server, using the API /ec2/saveCameraAttributes.
All requests to the Server application are required to provide correct user authentication. The Server supports two types of HTTP authentication: basic and digest.
- Digest is more secure, the workflow is described in the API documentation.
- Basic is much simpler to use, just add user login and password to the link.
For more information, refer to this article.