What is Storage Backup?
Storage backup is to help the user duplicate the footage in storage, and save the duplicated footage to other available locations, which can be local HDDs, NAS, IPSAN,or DAS.
Nx Witness provides the ability to make the storage redundant. That means, even if the server the recording is performed on, goes offline, the archive will still be available. This is especially useful in multi-server environments.
To enable Storage Backup
- Make sure your storage is available and accessible.
- Add storage to server (See Configuring Nx Witness Storage Locations).
- Click Use as backup storage.
- Click Backup Archive From to select Cameras to backup footage from. By default all devices are being backed up.
- Click Backup Quality to select specific streams (Hi-res or Low-res).
- Repeat the above steps on remaining servers.
Real-Time – backup will be performed immediately: the footage will be written to the main and backup immediately and simultaneously. Previous data before this option applied will not backed up.
By Schedule – backup will be performed on specific days of week and specific hours. The footage will be backed up since the last time backup finished (or since the very beginning if this is the first time backup occurs).
On Demand – backup occurs only if user presses Start Backup Now and continues until completion (that means all previous data is backed up) or until it's canceled. The data before you trigger this request will be backed up.