Affected Roles: System Owner • System Administrator • Developer
Related Nx VMS Apps: Nx Desktop • Nx Server
Smart Motion Search is the fastest way to search for video events using Nx Witness' motion detection feature. Smart Motion Search only works on cameras that have motion detection enabled and configured.
Server requires camera secondary stream to have resolution 1024x768 or lower. In a default situation when Media Server is allowed to optimize cameras settings and stream parameters are not manually modified at the "Advanced" tab Motion Detection will be enabled for all cameras with multi-streaming support.
Smart Motion Search can analyze a year's worth of recorded motion data in 5 seconds.
To Use Smart Motion Search
1. Make sure you have configured motion detection on the camera / stream you'd like to search.
- Right-click on the camera in the resource panel.
- Select Camera Settings.
- Select the Motion tab.
- Click the sensitivity block then drag the area you want to detect.
- Click Apply and OK.
2. Search the Motion Event.
- Select the Search icon on a camera's viewing cell.
- Highlight the areas(s) on the camera view you would like to apply the search to.
- The Timeline will instantly update to show areas in the video archive that contain motion in the targeted area. Search results will be shown in red.
- While motion search is enabled playback will skip from one motion event to the next.