Smart Motion Search is the fastest way to search for video events using the motion detection feature in Nx Witness. Smart Motion Search only works on cameras that have motion detection enabled and configured.
Nx Server requires the camera's secondary stream to have a resolution of 1024x768 or lower. In a default situation when Nx Server is allowed to optimize cameras settings and stream parameters are not manually modified in the Advanced tab Motion Detection will be enabled for all cameras with multi-streaming support.
Smart Motion Search can analyze a year's worth of recorded motion data in 5 seconds.
To Use Smart Motion Search
Make sure you have configured motion detection on the camera / stream you'd like to search:
- Right-click on the camera in the resource panel.
- Select Camera Settings.
- Select the Motion tab.
- Click the sensitivity block then drag the area you want to detect.
- Click Apply and OK.
After the initial configuration, search for collected motion events:
- Select the Search icon on a camera's viewing cell.
- Highlight the areas(s) on the camera view you would like to apply the search to.
- The Timeline will instantly update to show areas in the video archive that contain motion in the targeted area. Search results will be shown in red.
- While motion search is enabled playback will skip from one motion event to the next.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.