What is a Digital Map Layout?
Nx Desktop Client allows users to add a background image to a Layout for the purposes of viewing camera locations on a static image. This can also be called e-mapping, or digital mapping, or smart maps.
The following file types can be imported as a Layout background image:
To set up a Digital Map:
- Right click anywhere in the Viewing Grid on a Layout and select Layout Settings.
- In the dialog, click Browse and select the picture you would like to use as the background image.
- Adjust the number of cells the image should occupy in the Viewing Grid and adjust the image opacity to your preferred style.
- Click OK to save the configuration.
- Drag and drop your live video feeds on top of this image as needed and click Save when finished to save the new layout with a Digital Map background.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.
Article is closed for comments.