What is a Digital Map Layout?
Nx Desktop Client allows users to add a background image to a Layout for the purposes of viewing camera locations on a static image. This can also called e-mapping, or digital mapping, or smart maps.
The following file types can be imported as a Layout background image:
|Supported Background Image File Types:||.bmp .gif .jpeg . jpg .pbm .pgm .png .ppm .tif .tiff .xbm .xpm|
To set up a Digital Map:
- Right click anywhere in the Viewing Grid on a new or existing Layout and select Layout Settings.
- In the dialog, click Browse and select the picture you would like to use as the background image.
- Adjust the number of cells the image should occupy in the Viewing Grid and adjust the image opacity to your preferred style.
- Click OK to save the configuration.
- Drag and drop your live video feeds on top of this image as you please and click save when finished to save the new layout with a Digital Map background.
- That's it! You're done!