Affected Roles: System Owner • System Administrator • Advanced Viewer
Related Nx VMS Apps: Nx Desktop
"For security reasons, Windows 10 does not support SMB1 protocol. If an external storage device is still using SMB1, it will need a firmware upgrade to SMB2 or higher in order to connect to an Nx system running on Windows 10."
"As a workaround, you can try to enable SMB1 support on your server (not recommended for security reasons)."
What is a NAS device?
NAS (Network-attached Storage) systems are networked appliances which contain one or more storage drives, often arranged into logical, redundant storage containers or RAID. NAS devices can be used to expand an Nx Witness Server's storage capacity (the duration video can be archived from the System's cameras).
To Add a NAS (w/SAMBA) to an Nx Witness Server
- Make sure that the NAS you are attempting to connect to has samba installed and configured on the NAS device.
Note! Trashboxes/trash bins/recycling bins must be disabled as a part of configuration step. Nx Witness Server starts overwriting when the "Reserved Space" limit is reached. In order to do that it sends standard SMB-delete requests to the NAS drive. If recycle bin is enabled NAS will put files to the bin instead. Server won't get necessary space sending new delete commands instead -- eventually it will end up with full drive and inability to record any data until the recycle bin is emptied.
- Right-click on the targeted Server in the Resource Panel and select Server Setting.
- Click Add external Storage.
- In the Add External Storage dialog input the path/url to the Samba-shared directory. For example: \\NAS_DEVICE\smb_dir
- Input login credentials if needed.
- Press OK to apply changes.
To remove a SAMBA enabled NAS Device from an Nx Witness Server
- Right-click url to NAS device in the list.
- Click Remove Storage
- Press OK to apply changes