Affected Roles: System Owner • System Administrator
Related Nx VMS Apps: Nx Desktop
IP Camera Autodiscovery & Manual Addition
Nx Witness automatically discovers supported devices automatically if they are located on the same subnet (LAN). Auto-discovered devices will show up in the Resource Panel after Nx Witness is started. The Auto Discovery feature for Nx Witness works with ONVIF Profile S devices and/or devices integrated properly via an SDK/API.
In order to be auto-discovered devices must:
- Have a default admin username and password
- Have ONVIF discovery enabled
- Be on the same subnet as an Nx Witness Server / System.
IP Cameras and video sources (HTTP links, RTSP streams) can also be added manually.
To add an IP camera/video source manually to your System:
- Right-click on server in the Resource Panel and select Add Camera.
- To add a single camera or video source (HTTP or RTSP url) enter the URL.
- To Add Multiple non-discovered sources or device manually select Subnet Scan and enter the desired IP range to begin scanning.
- Enter a desired IP range to start scanning. By default, addresses 0-255 are recommended. As a result, the entire network will get scanned for cameras.
- Specify authentication parameters in login and password fields.
- Specify discovery port if needed. Most cameras are discovered on port 80 (checked Auto box is recommended).
- Press Scan to initiate search.
- If located, the cameras will be displayed in order.
- Select desired cameras and click Add Selected.
- Cameras will be added to the Resource Panel.