Nx Witness v2.5 allows users to switch from TFTP to RTSP as the default streaming method and also adds I/O support for Arecontvision cameras.
To apply the Patch please follow the steps below. The Patch will need to be applied to each Server in the System.
Step 1. Download Nx Witness v2.5 or later.
- Get Nx Witness here.
Step 2. To change TFTP to RTSP:
- Open the Windows Registry by opening up the Command Prompt, typing regedit and hitting enter.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Network Optix - > Network Optix Media Server
- Right click and choose New -> String Value
- Name the new string arecontRtspEnabled with Value data: True
- Press Ok
- Open the server config file using the Terminal application on Linux.
- Enter the following command :
- sudo nano /opt/networkoptix/
You can restore the TFTP method at any time by simply deleting the strings created above from their respective locations.