Nx Witness v2.5 allows users to switch from TFTP to RTSP as the default streaming method and also adds I/O support for Arecontvision cameras
To apply the Patch please follow the steps below. The Patch will need to be applied to each Server in the System.
Step 2: Change TFTP to RTSP
- Open the Windows Registry by opening up the Command Prompt, typing regedit and hitting enter.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Network Optix > Network Optix Media Server
- Right click and choose New > String Value
- Name the new string arecontRtspEnabled with value data True
- Press Ok
- Open the server config file using the Terminal application on Linux.
- Enter the following command
sudo nano /opt/networkoptix/mediaserver/mediaserver.conf
- Add a new string arecontRtspEnabled=True
- Save the file and quit.
You can restore the TFTP method at any time by simply deleting the strings created above from their respective locations.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.