Nx Witness v2.5 allows users to switch from TFTP to RTSP as the default streaming method and also adds I/O support for Arecontvision cameras
To apply the Patch please follow the steps below. The Patch will need to be applied to each Server in the System.
Step 2: Change TFTP to RTSP
- Open the Windows Registry by opening up the Command Prompt, typing regedit and hitting enter.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Network Optix > Network Optix Media Server
- Right click and choose New > String Value
- Name the new string arecontRtspEnabled with value data True
- Press Ok
- Open the server config file using the Terminal application on Linux.
- Enter the following command
sudo nano /opt/networkoptix/mediaserver/mediaserver.conf
- Add a new string arecontRtspEnabled=True
- Save the file and quit.
You can restore the TFTP method at any time by simply deleting the strings created above from their respective locations.