Every Nx1 is shipped without hard drives, so the first thing you'll need to do when setting up a new Nx1 is install a hard drive.
The NX1 supports 2.5" low-profile hard drives, so make sure your hard drive matches the acceptable dimensions below:
• Height: < 9.7mm (0.382in)
• Width: 69.85mm ±0.25mm (2.75in ±0.010in)
• Length: 100.35mm +0.2/−0.25mm (3.951mm +0.008/−0.010in)
Step1: Remove the Nx1 Case
- Flip the Nx1 over and find the two screws connecting the Nx1 chassis to the Nx1 case.
- Using a Phillips head screw driver unscrew both screws and store somewhere safe.
- After screws are removed the Nx1 case will slide off to reveal the internal chassis.
Step 2: Mount the Hard Drive
- Insert your 2.5" hard drive and slide it towards the SATA connector located on the front of the Nx1.
- Make sure you have a firm connection between the SATA connector and the hard drive.
- Use the 4 HDD screws (located in the same bag as the rubber feet) to bolt the hard drive to the Nx1 chassis.
Step 3: Reattach Case & Add Mount (if needed)
- Slide the newly mounted chassis + hard drive back into the Nx1 case.
- Now is a good time to add the Nx1 universal mount - if needed, align the mount with the Nx1 case's screw holes and use the additional longer screws provided to screw the mount to the case.
- If no mount is being used, just use the original 2 screws to mount the case back onto the Nx1 chassis.
Step 4: Power on the Nx1 and transfer OS image.
- Plug the Nx1 into a power outlet.
- Wait for a minute or two while the Nx1 boots up recognizes the new hard drive.
- When the hard drive has been recognized the Nx1 will automatically initiate a transfer of the OS image to the new 2.5" hard drive and the SYS and HDD LED indicators located on the front of the Nx1 will begin blinking.
- When the image transfer is complete (can take up to 20 mins) the Nx1 will automatically reboot and the PWR and HDD indicators will be lit up.