Every Nx1 is shipped without hard drives, so the first thing you'll need to do when setting up a new Nx1 is install a hard drive.
The NX1 supports 2.5" low-profile hard drives, so make sure your hard drive matches the acceptable dimensions below:
• Height: < 9.7mm (0.382in)
• Width: 69.85mm ±0.25mm (2.75in ±0.010in)
• Length: 100.35mm +0.2/−0.25mm (3.951mm +0.008/−0.010in)
Step1: Remove the Nx1 Case
- Flip the Nx1 over and find the two screws connecting the Nx1 chassis to the Nx1 case.
- Using a Phillips head screw driver unscrew both screws and store somewhere safe.
- After screws are removed the Nx1 case will slide off to reveal the internal chassis.
Step 2: Mount the Hard Drive
- Insert your 2.5" hard drive and slide it towards the SATA connector located on the front of the Nx1.
- Make sure you have a firm connection between the SATA connector and the hard drive.
- Use the 4 HDD screws (located in the same bag as the rubber feet) to bolt the hard drive to the Nx1 chassis.
Step 3: Reattach Case & Add Mount (if needed)
- Slide the newly mounted chassis + hard drive back into the Nx1 case.
- Now is a good time to add the Nx1 universal mount - if needed, align the mount with the Nx1 case's screw holes and use the additional longer screws provided to screw the mount to the case.
- If no mount is being used, just use the original 2 screws to mount the case back onto the Nx1 chassis.
Step 4: Power on the Nx1 and transfer OS image.
- Plug the Nx1 into a power outlet.
- Wait for a minute or two while the Nx1 boots up recognizes the new hard drive.
- When the hard drive has been recognized the Nx1 will automatically initiate a transfer of the OS image to the new 2.5" hard drive and the SYS and HDD LED indicators located on the front of the Nx1 will begin blinking.
- When the image transfer is complete (can take up to 20 mins) the Nx1 will automatically reboot and the PWR and HDD indicators will be lit up.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.