Every Nx Witness license, when activated, is locked to the Hardware ID (HWID) of the computing device upon which it is installed.
What is a Hardware ID (HWID)?
The HWID is a unique 34-digit identifier (example:03000102030405060708090a0b0c0d0e0f) generated when the Nx Witness Media Server is installed on a Windows, Ubuntu Linux, or ARM device. The HWID is based on a combination of software and hardware of the computing device upon which Nx Witness is installed.
The following items are used to generate a unique HWID for each computer upon which Nx Witness is installed:
- MAC Address
After installing Nx Witness on a server any modification in the hardware items above will result in a change of HWID and an invalidation of licenses attached to that device.
How do I find my HWID?
Step 1: Launch the Nx Witness Desktop Client.
- The Nx Witness Desktop Client is required - mobile or web clients do not have the ability to located licensing information.
Step 2: Go to System Administration
- In the Desktop client from the Main Menu ( ≡ ) select System Administration.
Step 3: Select the License Tab
- Select the Licenses tab on the System Administration dialog.
Step 4: Highlight a License installed on Your Target Server.
- Select a license attached to the server for which you want to see the HWID and License Details.
- Click the Details button.
- You should now see a dialog that shows the License Type, License Key, and Hardware ID.
- To copy the license information (including the HWID) press the Copy to Clipboard button.