Affected Roles: All Roles
Related Nx VMS Apps: Nx Server • Nx Client
What is a Layout?
Layouts allows users to design and create custom views in the Nx Desktop client which will can be saved and shared in a System.
Layouts allow operators to view and interact with the following type of System Resources:
- Live Video Steams (IP Cameras, RTSP/HTTP/UDP streams)
- I/O Devices
- Offline Videos
- Offline Images
- Web Pages
- Server Health Monitoring
To Create a New Layout
- Open a new tab by clicking on a + in the Navigation Panel of the Nx Desktop client application
- Drag and drop IP video cameras, I/O devices, recorded video, or servers onto the Viewing Grid. After dragging items onto the Viewing Grid users can fluidly rearrange the items until they have a layout the are satisfied with.
- After arranging the Layout right click anywhere in the Layout and choose Save. At that point the layout will be created and saved to for the User and can be shared with other Users.
To Assign Layouts to Users
- To Assign or Share a layout with another user simply drag the layout to the User name in the Resource Tree. Layouts will be instantly shared with that user - granting them viewing access.
- Users can modify the layouts while using them and can save them using a unique layout name. All layouts in a system must have a unique name to be saved (starting in v2.5).
Layouts have additional advanced features which are displayed in the Layout Settings dialog, including:
- Lock Layout - allows administrators to lock layouts to prevent modification by other users.
- Minimum Grid Size - allows users to set a minimum grid size for the Layout (e.g. 4 x 6) instead of using an adaptive grid.
- Logical ID - allows developers to create logical IDs for use in integrations / Plugins
- Background (aka Digital Map) - allows users to add an image as a background and define the size and look of the image in terms of the number of Viewing Cells it occupies and the % opacity .