What versions of Ubuntu Linux are supported by Nx Witness?
The Nx Witness Media Server is supported on Ubuntu Linux v14.04 LTS or later LTS versions.
- Ubuntu Desktop 14.04 LTS: "Trusty Tahr" (April 2014)
- Ubuntu Desktop 16.04 LTS: "Xenial Xerus" (April 2016)
Make sure you are using a supported version of Ubuntu before you begin the installation process below.
Note! Only canonical "Unity" desktop environment is officially supported. With other graphics environments(e.g. KDE in Kubuntu or LXDE in Lubuntu) Nx Desktop might or might not work out of the box. Take your risk.
To Install Nx Witness Desktop Client on Ubuntu Linux
Ubuntu Linux users will need to use console commands to install, configure and remove Nx Witness.
- Download the Nx Witness installation package you would like to install for your Ubuntu Linux OS.
- Make note of the place you saved it to on your computer.
- Open the Terminal app and enter command lines below to continue.
- Use the sudo dpkg -i [installer package path] terminal code to begin the installation process.
ex: sudo dpkg -i /home/networkoptix/Downloads/nxwitness-client-22.214.171.12497-linux64.deb
- Enter your computer password to continue the installation when prompted.
- Press tab to Yes and press enter to accept the EULA to continue.
- Press tab to highlight the OK button and hit enter to continue.
- Press tab again to highlight the "Yes" button and hit enter to accept.
- If you face any struggles and your terminal says that there are some "dependency problems" please try to run the following commands:
$sudo apt-get update
$sudo apt-get install -f
- That's it! You're done.
To Launch the Nx Client on Ubuntu
Please click the Main menu on the left top, type the Nx Witness to search the application and launch the NX Witness Client application.