What versions of Ubuntu Linux are supported by Nx Witness?
The Nx Witness Media Server (v3.0 or later) is supported on Ubuntu Linux v14.04 LTS or later LTS versions.
Make sure you are using a supported version of Ubuntu before you begin the installation process below.
To Install Nx Witness Media Server on Ubuntu
Ubuntu Linux users will need to use console commands to install, configure and remove Nx Witness.
- Download the package you would like to install for your Ubuntu Linux OS.
- Make note of the place you saved it on your computer.
- Open the Terminal app.
- Use the sudo dpkg -i [installer package path] terminal code to begin the installation process.
Example: sudo dpkg -i nxwitness-server-220.127.116.1188-linux64.deb
- Enter your password to continue the installation when prompted.
- Wait for few seconds to install and you will see "networkoptix-medaserver start/running, process XXXX complete....you're done.
To Initialize the Nx Mediaserver
- While on the same LAN open your Nx Witness Desktop Client and look for the "New Server" tile.
- Click to begin setup wizard
To Fix some dependency issue
If you face any extra struggles and your terminal says that there are some "dependency problems" please try to run the following commands:
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install -f
To uninstall or modify the configuration of the Media Server
- TO UNINSTALL type
- sudo apt-get remove networkoptix-mediaserver
- sudo apt-get remove networkoptix-client
- TO RECONFIGURE type
- sudo dpkg-reconfigure networkoptix-mediaserver