Nx Witness is an IP Video Management System (VMS) - a software platform for IP video surveillance applications that detects, streams, records, and analyzes live video from connected IP video devices (IP cameras) and networked video sources.
Every Nx Witness System is made up of one or more of the following Nx Witness applications:
- Nx Witness Server – Responsible for managing connected system devices, users, and system configuration. Systems must contain at least one – and often times contain many – instances of the Nx Witness Server application.
- Nx Witness Desktop Client – A thick client that runs on Windows, Ubuntu Linux and macOS that allows users to connect to, view live and recorded video, and manage Nx Witness system configurations.
- Nx Witness WebAdmin client – The Nx Witness WebAdmin client is a browser-based client application for connecting to the Nx Witness Media Server. It requires no installation and provides basic system configuration, Developer Tools, links to support and mobile apps, and a Web Client for viewing live and recorded video from the system.
- Nx Witness Cloud Client – The Nx Witness Cloud Client uses a combination of cloud computing technologies – including Amazon AWS – to enable simple remote connectivity, streaming, and management of one or an unlimited number of Nx Witness Systems.
- Nx Witness Mobile Client – available on Apple iOS and Google Android devices, the Nx Witness Mobile Clients are rich clients for iOS and Android mobile computing devices that allow users to view live or recorded video from their Nx Witness system.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.