Expanding your Nx Witness System.
An Nx Witness System is made up of one or more computers running the Nx Witness Media Server Application.
In order to be considered a single System the following criteria must be met:
- The System Name and System Password must be the same on all installed Media Servers.
- The Servers must be able to reach each other - either on a LAN or WAN.
To Expand a System by Adding a New Server:
This is the typical way users expand systems and is usually done when a System is built or expanded.
- Install the Nx Witness Media Server on the computer hardware you will be using for the new server.
- During post-install configuration in Wizard dialog select "Add Server to Existing system" and input connection data of the existing system:
http://demo.networkoptix.com:7001 and Password for the existing System you wish to merge
- That's all. If your newly installed Server is on the same network as your existing System it will appear in the Resource Panel immediately.
To Expand a System by Merging an Existing Server or System:
Merging a system is useful in situations where one more more Nx Witness Systems is running on a single network and/or where Servers were installed with mismatched System Names or passwords.
- Select the Main Menu button and choose Merge Systems.
- Enter the Server address (IP Address or host URL) example: http://demo.networkoptix.com:7001 and Password for the existing System you wish to merge.
- Press the Check button to confirm connectivity to the System you are attempting to merge/merge with.
- Choose which System name and Password should remain once the merge is complete.
- That's all, folks. Once the System is successfully merged you will see all merged Systems/Devices now available in the Resource Panel.