All events that have ever occurred in Nx Witness are stored in Event Log making it extremely easy to navigate through past activity or diagnose cameras on a server. To view the log, proceed with one of the following steps:
- Open the Main Menu and choose Event Log (Ctrl + L).
- Open the Notification Panel and click on the log icon.
- To view events on a camera: right-click on the camera and select Check Camera Issues.
Date/Time – event date and time.
Event – event name.
Source – event trigger: Camera (Motion Detection, Input Signal, etc) or Server (Storage Failure, Server Failure, etc)
Action is a consequence of an event.
Target is the recipient: Users or Cameras.
Description – any additional information. If motion is detected, hyperlink is provided. Clicking on the hyperlink will open the camera in a new layout and start playing back from the moment motion occurred.
The following tools are available to manage the camera list:
- Sort data by column - left-click on column's header.
- Filter data - select filter conditions on the top:
Start and End Date – events within a range
Event type – a specific type of an event
Camera – a camera-specific event (applies to Motion, Input and Camera Issues)
Action type – events caused by a specific action
To remove all filter conditions, click Clear Filter or open Context Menu and select Clear Filter.
To show events related to a particular source, locate the actual event, open Context Menu and select Filter Similar Rows.
Select multiple rows from a table. Drag mouse, use CTRL + Click/Up/Down arrows, or Shift + Click/Up/Down arrows. Use CTRL + A to select all records.
All camera options (open, rename, diagnose, etc.). To access all cameras, Select Camera and open Context Menu.
All Media Server options (monitor, configure, diagnose, etc.). To access media servers, select Media Server and open Context Menu.
Export data from one or multiple rows to an external file. Select desired rows, open the context menu and select Export Selected to File. Choose the file name and format. The following formats are supported:
- HTML File
- CSV file (text file with delimiters). This type of file can easily be imported into Microsoft Excel.
- Copy one or several rows to clipboard. Select desired rows, open Context Menu and select Copy Selection to Clipboard. The data can then be pasted into any text editor or Microsoft Excel.
It is possible to view Event Log on a camera or a media server:
- Camera: open the context menu (on scene, in Resource Tree, etc.) and select Check Camera Issues.
- Server Diagnostics: open Server's Context Menu (on Scene, in Resource Tree, etc.) and select Server Diagnostics.
Event Log will open and the filter will be applied (Source - desired Camera or Media Server).
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.