Starting from the build 28389 (~ 4.0 beta-2), the Nx Server allows its debian package to be installed directly from a Dockerfile (lower versions are incompatible).
The main information abour Docker support can be found here.
Nx Witness Server Docker Support (Experimental)
Nx Witness Server can be run in a Docker container, but support for Docker is limited at the moment due to it being an experimental feature. Some things to keep in mind:
- Docker has not been comprehensively tested and is not recommended for critical systems. You will need to do your own testing to ensure that all features work in your environment before using it.
- If you run into issues with Docker we cannot guarantee that we will support your deployment given the complexities of running software in Docker.
- Any support provided implies knowledge and skills of Docker when using this feature. As we gather your feedback we'll try to address as many discovered issues in future releases.
Nx Witness / Docker Compatibility
Starting with our v4.0 release, the Nx Witness Server Ubuntu package can be installed directly from a Dockerfile (lower versions are incompatible). Keep in mind that only Ubuntu Linux containers are experimentally supported. Some things to consider as you decide whether or not to use Docker:
- Ubuntu Linux hosts have been tested and are supported.
- MacOS hosts can be used but with known networking limitations.
- Windows hosts have not yet been tested.
How to Download the Nx Witness Server Docker Image
The image is available as one of our open-source repositories.