In v3.0 Nx Witness introduced the ability to use the Axis T8311 Joystick to control live PTZ cameras on Windows OS-based computers.
How To Setup & Use the Axis T8311 Joystick
- Plug in the Axis T8311 Joystick to the computer that you will be using.
* The drivers should be automatically installed by Windows and the device should be recognized.
- If your Nx Desktop app is open when you plugged in the joystick, restart your Nx Desktop. If not, open Nx Desktop.
- Open the PTZ camera you would like to control with the Joystick and click on the PTZ icon with your mouse.
- Use the Joystick to Pan, Tilt, and Zoom the camera.
Why does Nx only support one joystick controller for PTZ?
- IP cameras are network based and have latency, making joystick control....not great.
- Nx Witness has Advanced PTZ - a feature that makes analog joysticks seem....well, outdated.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.