Affected Roles: System Owner • System Administrator
Related Nx VMS Apps: Nx Server
What is the Maximum number of Items (live streams, recorded videos, images) that can be displayed in the Viewing Grid of Nx Witness?
Nx Desktop allows display up to 64 items on a layout on a 64 bit OS and 24 items on the layout on a 32 bit OS. Nx Desktop automatically adjusts resolution of displayed items using Adaptive Scaling technology to keep the user experience great by adjusting to make sure CPU usage remains as low as possible.
These limits are set in the software and can be adjusted, but adjusting these is not recommended.
How to change the maximum number of items limitation:
Users can change the maximum number of items on a layout on Windows OS by changing the MaxSceneVideoItems vale in the program's configuration files..
Note: Changing the maximum number of items on a layout can cause HUGE performance issues, so do this with extreme caution.
- Open Regedit
- Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Network Optix\Network Optix HD Witness Client
- Change maxSceneVideoItems
- Go to /home/<username>/.config/Network Optix folder
- With any text editor open client configuration file Network Optix HD Witness Client.conf
- Add new line maxSceneVideoItems=X where X stands for number of items you would like to place on the layout.
- Save the changes and start the Desktop Client