Affected Roles: System Owner • System Administrator
Related Nx VMS Apps: Nx Server • Nx Client
What is the problem?
After upgrading the latest firmware(v5.5 or newer), the Hikvision cameras go offline. The reason is due to Hikvision's latest firmware disables ONVIF capabilities in Hikvison cameras. So the users usually see the following issue
- Registered cameras will go offline upon firmware upgrade
- New cameras will not be properly discovered
How to solve this problem?
- Re-enable ONVIF Protocol
- Navigate to your Hikvision camera web administration interface and look for the Integration Protocol section of the settings web-page
- Click on the Enable ONVIF checkbox
Image Credit: IPVM - Hikvision Upgrade Breaks ONVIF Integration
- Add a New ONVIF User
- While still in the affected camera's web administration interface navigate to the camera's Configuration -> System -> Users menu and add a new ONVIF user (up to 32 per device).
- Make sure the user has Administrator rights.
- Update Camera Authentication
- Right click on the affected camera(s) in Nx Witness and open the camera settings dialog.
- Update the Login and Password for each affected camera.
- Note: If you update all Hikvision cameras with the same user name and password you can update the Login and Password for all affected cameras at the same time by selecting all affected cameras and then opening the Camera Settings dialog.
As always - if you have any problems resolving this issue Submit a Request and an Nx Support Team member will be happy to assist.