If you want to access your Nx Witness System via anywhere in the world, you will have to let the system to be available via the Internet. To configure the system, there are two options can be chosen
Option 1: Traditional Port Forwarding
- You will need to Use TCP port forwarded with your router(or firewall settings) from your Media Server to the public Internet.
- By default, Nx Witness uses 7001. If you want your server to be connected from Internet remotely, you should forward the 7001.
Option 2: Nx Cloud
With 3.0 version Nx team introduces a new approach to reach and maintain the systems without the necessity to struggle with router settings to forward ports.
Nx Cloud requires both Media Server and Client to be able to reach some ports of main Nx Cloud Portal. I.e. firewall must allow outgoing TCP and UDP connections from your server PC to nxvms.com ports. You will need to configure your firewall policy to pass the ports -
- 80 -- conventional http port. Can be checked with just opening http://nxvms.com at web-browser from your server PC
- 443 -- conventional https port. Can be checked with browser by opening: https://nxvms.com
- 3345 -- Cloud Service port. Can be checked with any telnet client(e.g. in ubuntu terminal with command $telnet nxvms.com 3345)
If you found you can't access the Nx System remotely - please check out this link.