Affected Roles: System Owner • System Administrator
Related Nx VMS Apps: Nx Server • Nx Client
Make sure you are using a supported version of Ubuntu before you begin the installation process below:
Step 1: Download Nx Witness Desktop Client and Server applications.
- You can download the latest released version of Nx Witness from http://my.networkoptix.com.
- Save them somewhere obvious and easy to find.
Step 2: Download and install gdebi.
- gdebi is a tool for installing applications on Ubuntu Linux that makes sure to grab any additional dependency packages your computer may need to run Nx Witness on Ubuntu.
- To install gdebi open a Terminal window in Ubuntu and copy and paste the following command:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gdebi
* Note: You'll be required to enter your SUDO / root password (this is the password you use to log in as an administrator) in order to install the package.
Step 3: Install previously downloaded Nx Witness apps.
- Located the package you'd like to install (e.g. Home -> Downloads )
- Right-click on the package you'd like to install
- Chose Open with option from the Drop-down Menu and select Gdebi Package Installer.
- The following pop-out message will appear:
- Click on "Install Package".
* Note: You'll be required to accept the EULA during the installation process. Once you have the Nx Media Server and the Desktop Client installed on your device, the server will start automatically with the first Desktop Client opening.