What is the Send Email action?
Nx Witness provides the ability to dynamically create Email notifications and send them to different users based on Events.
* Note: You'll need to Setup an Email Server before you can use this Action.
How to set up a rule to send an Email Notification:
- Right click on a camera in the resource panel and select Camera Rules.
- Create a new rule and configure an Event that will trigger the Send Email action.
- In the Action section (on the lower right) in the Do field select Send Email.
- In the To field select the role (e.g. Administrator) or individual operator(s) you would like to send the email to. To view all operators switch the Show all users toggle to on (green).
- Set the Interval of action.
- If you need to send to users not in the System you can use the Additional Recipients to add external email address (e.g. a Central Monitoring station, HR manager, etc).
- Click Apply, then OK to save the rule.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.