What is Routing Management?
Nx Witness provides built-in automatic routing mechanism that enables users to seamlessly work with the large sites as a single cluster.
Why Routing Management benefits me?
There may be customized network configurations that required some networking routing settings. For instance, the Nx server may have multiple IP addresses (Both public and private) and it may be necessary to allow or block the traffic flow on the specific subnet.
How does Routing Management work?
Initially, Nx Witness tries to discover all available IP addresses of servers (including public and private ones). For instance, Nx server can have the Public IP address and is connected to the Internet via 100 Mbit network and another NIC with local IP address (1Gbit). Then routing management will help to direct the public flow and private traffic to the NIC accordingly.
Can I add my own route rules?
Yes, it is. There are two options -
1. Modify the routing table.
This option needs you to enter the routing rules and insert the entry into the routing table via command line. We will suggest you to invite your MIS to help you. This option directly changes the routing table and touch the basic network layer of OS.
2. Via Nx Witness.
1. Navigate to Main Menu then System Administration (CTRL+ALT+A).
2. Switch to Routing Management tab.
3. On the left, you can see the server-list, then click on the server you want to configure.
4. Click Add and type the URL like http://<ip>:<port>
5. If you want to block the traffic on a specific NIC, simply turn off the switch(In gray).
6. Click OK.