Affected Roles: System Owner • System Administrator
Related Nx VMS Apps: N/A
When configuring a new rule in Nx Witness, you can choose to send an email notification as an action when an event occurs. Before you begin: you will be required to setup the Email Server from the Nx Desktop client application.
Below is a walk-through of Email Server setup process using Gmail as an example.
To Setup an Email Server (Example with Google Apps):
Before you begin make sure you have enabled less secure apps access on your Google Apps account. Then proceed below.
- From the Main Menu select System Administration
- In the System Administration dialog click on the Email
- Check the Advanced Settings checkbox to display all fields.
- In the Email field enter the email address that will be used to send messages from the System.
- In the SMTP Server field enter your SMTP Server
- For Gmail / Google Apps this is smtp.gmail.com)
- In the User field enter your username for your email service
- For Gmail / Google Apps this is also your email address.
- In the Password field enter the password you use to login to your email service.
- Depending on your email server / service you can use either secure connections with TLS or SSL, or use an unsecure connection, and you can assign a custom Port.
- Gmail / Google Apps required Secure connection using TLS w/ Port set to 587.
- When you are done entering relevant information press the Test button to test all settings.
- If successful you will see a Result: Success message
- If not successful check with your email administrator and contact Nx support if you continue to experience any issues.
- System Signature - this description will be included on the header of emails sent from the System to provide operators more insight into which System is sending the notification. (e.g. The demo system in Tony's office.)
- Support Signature - this will be included in the footer of email address and gives users a place to go for support if needed. System Integrators / Service providers can use this to direct their clients to their own website for support. By default this leads to this support portal (http://support.networkoptix.com).
- Finally - After achieving great success don't forget to click Apply and OK to save the new Email Server settings.