When configuring a new rule in NxWitness, you can choose to receive an email notification as an action when an event occurs. But firstly, you will be required to setup the Email Server within the Thick Client.
As most of us nowadays use Google Email Service, we will walk you through the setup process using Gmail as an example.
Firstly, before configuring the Server within the Thick Client, some changes have to be applied to your Gmail settings. You can find all the relevant information by following the link below:
To setup the Email Notification Server:
1. Open the Nx Desktop and proceed to the System Administration menu:
2. Once opened, Left Click on Email tab and check the Advanced Settings checkbox:
3. Following information will be required:
Email - your actual email address
SMTP Server - in this example it's smtp.gmail.com, for you it might be either some cloud-based or local server(e.g. Postfix) address
User - same as your email
Password - password to your email account
4. Check the Secure connection using TLS and leave Port as Auto.
5. Before Left Clicking on the Test button, make sure your settings look similar to the example below:
6. After getting a positive result don't forget to apply the settings: