In some cases, you might notice that Nx Server won't start on Windows or Ubuntu OS boot.
Nx Server is a "Service" from the OS point of view. Windows has a strict timeout to run all planned services after OS start. If Windows can not start something in time, the service will be omitted. Alternatively, this issue may also occur after a major OS upgrade, such as from Ubuntu 14.04 to 16.04.
To fix this, please do the following:
- Open Services at your windows start menu
- Find Network Optix Media Server point and right-click it
- Go to Properties
- Change Startup type value from Automatic (default) to Automatic (Delayed Start) at the drop-down list
- Open Terminal and enter the following:
systemctl enable networkoptix-mediaserver.service
- An authentication prompt will appear, enter your password and click Authenticate.