What is a Soft Trigger?
A Soft Trigger allows users to create a button which appears on top of the viewing cell of a camera(s) which can be used to trigger System Actions.
Soft Triggers have many beneficial uses, including, but not limited to:
- More granular operator control - e.g. move to home PTZ preset, create bookmark based on observation
- Integrating 3rd party systems and devices - using HTTP-Request-as-an-Action
- Multi-Action Events in Nx Witness - using the API integrators can create multi-action events e.g. open all exit doors on Alarm Layout in the case of a disaster to ensure all egress points are clear
How to set up a Soft Trigger:
- Navigate to the Event Rules Dialog
- Press the + Add button and select Soft Trigger in the drop-down menu on Event column.
- Configure your Soft Trigger.
- At: Choose the cameras you would like this button to appear on.
- Available To: Choose the users who could be able to see this button.
- Name: Name your icon.
- Icon: Choose an icon of the button.
- Schedule: Schedule when this Soft Trigger would be available.
- On Action column, select any actions you want to execute when the button is pressed.
- Click Apply and Save.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.