Affected Roles: All User Roles
Related Nx VMS Apps: Nx Server • Nx Client
What is a Soft Trigger?
Soft Trigger is a new feature in Nx Witness v3.1 that allows users to add software trigger button which appears on top of the viewing cell of a camera(s) which can be used to trigger System Actions.
Software Triggers have many beneficial uses, including, but not limited to:
- More granular operator control - e.g. move to home PTZ preset, create bookmark based on observation
- Integrating 3rd party systems and devices - using HTTP-Request-as-an-Action
- Multi-Action Events in Nx Witness - using the API integrators can create multi-action events e.g. open all exit doors on Alarm Layout in the case of a disaster to ensure all egress points are clear
How to create and use Soft Triggers in Nx Witness:
- Navigate to the Main Menu, select System Administration.
- Click Event rules.
- Press the + Add button and select Soft Trigger in the drop-down menu on Event column.
- Configure your Soft Trigger.
- At: Choose the cameras you would like this button to appear on.
- Available To: Choose the users who could be able to see this button.
- Name: Name your icon.
- Icon: Choose an icon of the button.
- Schedule: Schedule when this Soft Trigger would be available.
- On Action column, select any actions you want to execute when the button is pressed.
- Click Apply and Save.