What is a Soft Trigger?
Soft Trigger is a new feature in Nx Witness v3.1 that allows users to add software triggers which appear on top of the viewing cell of a camera(s) which can be used to trigger System Actions.
Software Triggers have many beneficial uses, including, but not limited to:
- More granular operator control - e.g. move to home PTZ preset, create bookmark based on observation
- Integrating 3rd party systems and devices - using HTTP-Request-as-an-Action
- Multi-Action Events in Nx Witness - using the API integrators can create multi-action events e.g. open all exit doors on Alarm Layout in the case of a disaster to ensure all egress points are clear
How to create and use Soft Triggers in Nx Witness:
- Go to the Events & Rules engine.
- Press the + Add button and under the Event section select Soft Trigger in the drop-down menu.
- Configure your Soft Trigger.
- At: Choose the cameras you would like this button to appear on.
- Available To: Choose the users who should be able to see this button
- Name: Name your bookmark
- Icon: Choose a relevant icon
- Schedule: Schedule when this Soft Trigger should be visible
- Configure your related Action.
- Click Apply and Save.