Why is the Change Quality list in Nx Mobile grayed out?
When using Nx Mobile to view the video remotely, sometimes the resolution can't be changed. The users might see the only lower quality or 2nd stream. To solve this issue you will need to update your installation to the latest version.
How to keep the Nx Mobile app up-to-date
- Google Play Store (Android) - Recommended Option
- Manual installation without the Google Play Store (via the Nx Mobile APK file).
- Apple App Store (iOS) - Recommended Option
- Manual installation without the Apple App Store (via the Nx Mobile IPA file).
Things to keep in mind
1. If you are using Nx1, transcoding will not be applied to the stream. As a result, the only option you will see is 1080p. If your camera resolution is higher than 1080p (e.g., 3MP) you might only see 1080p or an option below 1080p.
2. If you are using a Windows or Ubuntu server computer, you can utilize transcoding to retrieve several stream resolutions to meet your needs or adapt them to different use cases.
If you have any questions related to this topic or you want to share your experience with other community members or our team, please visit and engage in our support community or reach out to your local reseller.