The Issue: When scrubbing an Arecont Vision Surround Series camera by dragging the slider on the Nx Witness Timeline only one sensor appears to change while the other 3 sensors remain static.
Why this happens: Arecont Visions Panoramic cameras (AV8185, AV8365, AV12186, AV12366, AV20185, AV20365, AV40185) are treated as a single camera by Nx Witness. In reality, however, they have 4 independent sensors that produce 4 independent video streams. The "stitching" of the Arecont Surround Series cameras on the front-end of the Nx Witness user interface was implemented as it allows a user to interact with a camera as it was conceived by Arecont - as a single, unified device.
The benefits of treating the Arecont Surround Series cameras as a single device include:
- A simple way to view live or recorded video synchronously from all 4 sensors simultaneously.
- Unified motion search across all 4 sensors
- The Nx Witness Server makes sure all frames from all sensors remain synchronized during live or archive playback.
- Only 1 license is required to record and manage the device.
There are, however, some limitations when treating the Arecont Vision Surround Series cameras as a single device - and one of them is the ability to display all 4 streams properly during quick-review actions such as scrubbing along the timeline.
If you or your user requires all 4 sensors to be split and used as independent devices follow the steps below.
How to split Arecont Vision Surround Series Cameras into individual streams:
In order to split the Arecont Surround Series camera sensors into their own streams for live and recorded playback you will need to add the camera manually and grab the generic video sources (e.g. mjpeg over HTTP or h.264 over RTP).
- Open your Nx Witness Client and Log in as an Admistrator
- Go to the Main Menu Button and select System Administration -> General
- Disable device discovery and close the dialog.
- Right-click Media Server in the resource tree
- Click "Add devices..." to call the discovery dialog
- Type in the Address of the Arecont Vision Surround Series camera's streams you are attempting to grab. e.g. rtsp://camera_ip/h264.sdp
*NOTE: IF YOU SPLIT YOUR 4 SENSOR CAMERA INTO SEPARATE STREAMS AND YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECORD ALL 4 STREAMS:
- 4 Nx-Pro Licenses are required to record all 4 separate streams.
- Motion Detection will be disabled by default. You will need to use Nx Witness v2.6 Patch 13867 or later and force software motion detection for video streams that exceed 1024 x 768.