What is Audio-as-an-Action?
Audio-as-an-Action is a feature of Nx Witness that allows users to create a rule that play sounds or warning voice file to a targeted device. This allows Nx Witness operators to communicate using 2-way audio in a walkie-talkie like fashion with devices. (Currently on Axis devices running firmware version 5.x or higher)
How to use Audio-as-an-action:
- Navigate to the Alarm/Event Rules Dialog.
- Click the Add button to create a new rule.
- Configure your rule as you normally would for your targeted Event or Device.
- In the Action column select Play Sound or Speak.
- Click the Advanced Button on the right top of the Alarm/Event Rules Dialog.
- Select the targeted devices, which will play the sound when event triggered.
- Choose your Interval of Action.
- Choose if you want to play the sound on your client PC.
- Select the sound file or you can add/manage you own sound effect files by click Manage button.
- Adjust the volume, and test the the result.
- Click Apply, then OK to save the rules and event configuration.