By default Nx Witness reserves 5 GB of free space for locally mounted drives and 50 GB for network shared drives.
At some point one may want to reasonably increase these values since there might be a need to use more space without manually cleaning the footage.
The steps below will allow you to modify the reserved space:
- Open your web-browser(Chrome, Firefox, Safary preferrable, IE v.9 or higher will also work)
- Input url below to the browser address bar:
- Hit "Enter" to proceed to the advanced system settings list.
Hint. Instead of <server_address>:<server_port> you should input your server ip/domain name address and its tcp port. If you're accessing this page from server PC in most cases the resulting url will be http://localhost:7001/static/index.html#/advanced
- To modify reserved space find Storage Settings header with all drives listed below
- Find the drive you need to modify and input desired value(in GBs) in the Reserved Space field
Hint. It is possible to both increase and decrease but Nx team strongly recommend not to set values lower than the default ones. This action may result in server instability including footage lost.
- Hit Save button, server restart is not necessary.
Hint. If your drive has current free space value lower than one you just set it will take server some time to clean the space so you should wait(typically seconds) before moving forward.