What versions of Windows is Nx Witness supported on?
Installing Nx Witness on devices is simple and fast with the Nx Witness Windows installers.
Nx Witness is supported on:
- Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10)
- Windows Server (2003 R2 and later)
Make sure you are using a supported version of Windows before you begin the installation process below.
To Install Nx Witness on devices running Windows OS
- Download the latest version of Nx Witness. Make sure to select the correct installation package based on your Windows OS version (64 bit or 32 bit). It is highly recommended to use 64 Bit versions of Windows to allow for higher level of RAM utilization and faster system responsiveness.
- If you're using Windows Server 2008 R2 you'll have to download and install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable package first.
Server 2008 R2 x86 (32 bit) C++ Update Package
Server 2008 R2 x64 (64 bit) C++ Update Package
- Double-click on the Nx Witness installer file to launch the executable file and follow the installer wizard.
- The Nx Witness installer wizard allows you to install either the Nx Witness Server + Client application together or to install either component independently of the other.
- Once installation is complete you should now be able to search for and launch the Nx Witness Client or Nx Witness Tray Tool (Media Server GUI).