Problem: Nx2 and Nx3 hardware have the same HWID and cannot be merged.
- This problem only applies to Nx2 or Nx3 hardware ordered in Q4 of 2016.
- The problem exists because of a cloning process at the factory which inadvertently created Servers with the same HWID.
Solution: Follow the Steps Below to modify system configuration files.
- Log in to the system (default password: nxwitness)
- Open the Terminal application
Modifying the Nx Media Server Configuration File
- While still in Terminal type the following commands to launch the mediaserver config file
- sudo nano /opt/networkoptix/mediaserver/
- when prompted for a password use: nxwitness
- sudo service networkoptix-mediaserver restart
Modifying the Nx Client Configuration File
- While still in the Terminal application type the following command to open the Client Config file:
- nano ~/.config/Network\ Optix/Network\ Optix\ HD\ Witness\ Client.conf